Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, March 18, 2011

Rainy Friday update

You would think that I would remember that every year around this time it is rainy...but alas. I guess I choose not to think about it. It's not that I don't like the rain, I just don't like it when it happens so often. A few days here and there are fine, but a whole week of rain is a little much for me. I want to be outside and take my dog for a walk and run and soak up the sunshine. Argh. But I guess the fact that we won't have to deal with a drought this summer is a good thing!

Tomorrow is a scheduled 8.5 miles on the parkway which will more than likely all be in the rain. I volunteered to head up the 15:00 purples which means I won't be running at all tomorrow, just walking. I figured it would be a nice change of pace for me, especially since last Saturday I hobbled the last 3.5 miles back to the pond with an achilles injury. I nursed it all weekend and it feels much better, but better safe than sorry! The parkway half marathon is a month away and I do not need to injure myself. I want to get faster and I can't do that if I am hurt.

My goal for the parkway is to PR, which means under 3:07. My ULTIMATE goal is under 3:00. For me to do a sub 3:00 I would have to keep a pace of 13:43 average. I am scared of this. I need to be doing everything right in my training if I want to accomplish this goal. That means all of my midweeks (sorry Zumba :C ) and speedwork at the track on Tuesdays. I know I can do it if I put all my effort into it!

This is getting long...sorry. One more thing and I am done. promise. I weighed in this morning expecting bad things, but was pleasantly surprised. 171.8lbs. That is a loss of 1.2lbs this week! Woo! I am almost out of the 170's again! I guess using sparkpeople to track my calories is working and I am sure the exercise daily isn't hurting. I have actually discovered that I had been eating not enough food versus too much. Weird. It feels good to be on the way back down again! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment