Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, July 9, 2010

Back to Reality

Yesterday afternoon Matt and I got back from our 2 week adventure on the East Coast! We had such a great time and I will post pics soon. We spent a week in Pennsylvania in a mountain resort and then drove to Washington DC where we spent 4 days exploring the city. It was so hot and humid in DC! I am thankful to have come home to "dry heat" here in Sac! I still have about another month off before I start back teaching at my new school. I was involuntarily transferred from Woodcreek and will now be teaching at Roseville High. I was very upset about the change, but I have accepted it now and am just thankful for a job!

I had my usual weigh-in this morning and I am 171.4lbs. I have back-slid quite a bit since the wedding for all of the obvious reasons; good food and lack of exercise. I don't think I have exercised on purpose in almost 3 weeks! Ahhhh! Not to mention that tomorrow is my 1st Saturday workout of the season with SacFit (I missed the last 3 weeks) and we are doing 6 miles! I am going from zero to 6 in 2.5 seconds! I am so anxious about the run tomorrow! I am a coach and I am supposed to be confident and be a leader, but it might be tough tomorrow. I will do my best and hopefully not die!

Since I am back and have no more excuses, I need to get back to my weight loss journey. I have a few friends on facebook that I am joining forces with to be my weight loss buddies. We are going to weigh-in every Friday and share our goals and report back to each other weekly. I think this will help me keep more accountable. I am going to try something called "intuitive eating" for a few weeks and see how it goes. Basically you eat when you're hungry and stop when you are full. Sounds easy, but I know it will be rough. I am just tired of counting points. It makes me crazy! Of course if this IE thing doesn't seem to be working I can always go back to it because I know it works. I will watch what I eat and exercise regularly.

Here are my goals for this week:

1. Drink water! Lots of it! Everyday! (at least 3 Camelback bottles a day)
2. Keep a daily food journal. Record food eaten and hungry/full feelings.
3. Exercise 5 days out of the 7.

I will report every Friday with a weigh-in and a goal update. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back! I missed you guys! You will do great getting back into the swing of things an I think it's great you have support! I would wish you good
    luck, but you don't need it! You rock!!!

    ReplyDelete