Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, August 20, 2010

Friday WI

Finally some good news! I am at 168.2lbs which is leaps and bounds from the 172ish I was at 2 weeks ago! I have been 1/2 tracking points and 1/2 eating intuitively. It seems to be working for me. When I feel I am close to going over points, I count my day so far and see where I am at. I have also tried to be more active so I could earn extra points for a late night treat :D Never a bad thing! I am happy to be finally moving past my plateau. I think this may be the lowest I have ever been! Or close to it at least. Only 8.2 lbs to go! My broad goal is to have them gone by Thanksgiving, which I think is doable for sure.

School started for me on the 10th which is just crazy early! I am teaching 3 block periods (90 mins) of Spanish 2. I am so happy to only have 1 class to prep for! It really helps because I am at a new school with a different book and different curriculum, so I need all the help I can get! These first 2 weeks have gone okay...I still need a lot of work on my classroom management skills, but I am still pretty new at this so I guess I can't be surprised. Last night was back to school night. I really hate meeting/talking to parents. They make me nervous! I am so young that some of them could be my parents! It is hard to establish yourself as an authority to people who are 20 years older than you!

A week from tomorrow is my first ever triathlon! It is a super sprint, which equals a 400 yard swim, 8 mile bike ride and 2 mile run. I am getting anxious about it, especially the swim! On Sunday Matt and I are going to drive out to Rancho Seco so I can practice open water swimming before the race next weekend. All of the articles I have read about first timers say that a practice swim is key to success. The bike and run won't be too bad, except I am sure I'll be exhausted!

Hope everyone has an awesome weekend! Til next time...

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe school has started. I didn't like having conferences with parents but realized that I am a professional and if I am confident, I can do anything. :) You can too!

    Good luck on your first tri. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete