Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, April 24, 2010

SacFit Saturday-tapering edition

Next Saturday at this time I will be getting near the end (hopefully) of my 1st ever half marathon! I am excited, but also really nervous! I have been keeping up with my training and last week I did 12.5 miles so I know I can do the miles, I am just not sure about my pain level. My IT band is the bane of my existence at this point and sometimes even just walking is uncomfortable. My only goal for next week is to finish, so as long as I cross that finish line I will be a happy girl! Running/walking are definitely mental sports when you get past the first few miles! It is all about telling yourself that you can do it and then doing it!

Today we did a taper workout of 5 miles, which felt so short compared to last week's 12.5 miler! I had a great time and even found someone to start the race with so I am not alone at the beginning of the race! :D I mentioned on facebook the other day the phenomenon of me saying that 5 miles is a "short run" and how in January those words would have never passed my lips! I have come a long way! I feel great, I look great and I am going to be a 1/2 marathon finisher!!

1 comment:

  1. Nice run! I'm so glad you found someone to start with, it makes a huge difference!

    ReplyDelete